Also, on a totally unrelated topic, we took down Christmas yesterday. What, you think January 18th is a little long to leave a Christmas tree and ALL of your decorations up? Really? Yeah, maybe you're right, but the sad thing is, this year we actually got it down earlier than we did last year. It is so much fun and so festive when you put it up, it is a big celebration. You put on Christmas music and maybe make yummy Christmas themed drinks (peppermint patty anyone?) and it is just a joy. But taking them down is straight up a C-H-O-R-E, and not a fun one either. You gotta drag all those boxes in from the garage and figure out how the Hell you got it all to fit last year because it is quite clear that you either need to get rid of a few decorations or buy a couple more boxes if there is any way it is going to fit (it is like the opposite of the dryer eating socks...the Christmas decorations somehow multiply over the season while you have them displayed). Then, once they are all down, all the parts of the house where they had been placed look eerily empty and strange. You wonder how you never noticed how empty that corner where the Christmas tree lived looked before December.
OK, I am going to go work on inviting more people to read my Blog because Mel has invited about 100 more people to read hers than I have to read mine so I am way behind the ball on that. I'll try to post again soon (if I get more readers I will definitely post again soon). Cheers!
Thanks for inviting me to read your musings. I second you on that De-Christmasing ones house to be a chore...Maybe we're onto a new business venture. DCYH Enterprises==we'd make millions!
ReplyDeleteJan. 18th sounds early to me. :) I took down some decorations but the tree is still up and I'm not here this weekend, so it'll likely be up until the next weekend!
ReplyDeleteI just got the last of the stuff boxed up and in the hall to go out to the garage last night. Suddenly I don't feel so bad. :)
ReplyDeleteWe call it de-decking the halls and you are right, it's not nearly as much fun as decking the halls.